Dr. J. Karthikeyan
- Ph.D (IIT Roorkee)
- Concrete Structures
- Structural Analysis and Design
- High Performance Concrete and Materials
- High Performance Prestressed Concrete Bridges
National and International Journals
- Karthikeyan, J., Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. "Long-term Deformation of a Simply Supported HPPC Twin-cell Box Girder Bridge" in “The Bridge and Structural Engineer”, Vol. 41 No. 2, June 2011 issue.
- Karthikeyan, J. and V.F Praveen. "Long-term effects due to creep and shrinkage on prestressed concrete bridge girders using SCC " in the "International Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2011. (pg. 390-403)
- J.Karthikeyan, Upadhayay.A and N.M.Bhandari,"Artificial Neural Network for predicting creep and shrinkage in HPC", Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 6(1), March 2008,pp.135-142.
- Rajiv Gandhi. K and J. Karthikeyan, “Comparative Study of Structural Design and Cost Analysis for Storage Container Circular and Square Shapes”, International Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 1 No. 6, November 2012. (Pg. 52 – 54)
- Alaguvel. S and Karthikeyan. J, “Long-term Behavior of Simply Supported Pretensioned Concrete Bridge Girders”, The Bridge and Structural Engineer, Vol. 43 No.1, March 2013 (pg.49-72)
- J. Karthikeyan, Upadhyay. A and N. M. Bhandari, “Long-term Deformation of a Simply Supported HPPC Single-cell Box Girder Bridge”, The Bridge and Structural Engineer, Vol. 43 No.2, June 2013. (pg.7-29)
- J.Karthikeyan and K.V.Pratap, “Effect of various Curing Conditions on Compressive strength on HPC”, Elixir Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 61, August 2013. (pg.16705-16708)
- Allam Lingam and J.Karthikeyan, “Flow Behavior of Freshly Mixed Quaternary Blended High Performance Concrete using Modified Slump Cone test”, Elixir Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 61, August 2013. (pg.16709-16717)
- J.Karthikeyan and C. Arunkumar, “Effect of Silicafume and flyash on fresh and hardned state of Self Compacting Concrete”, Elixir Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 61, August 2013. (pg.16718-16722)
- Karthikeyan Jayakumar, Akhil Upadhyay and Navrathan M. Bhandari, “Creep and Shrinkage behavior of HPC”, The Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 87 No 10, October 2013. (pg.39-45)
- Allam Lingam and J.Karthikeyan, “Rheological Behavior of Binary and Quaternary Blended High Performance Concrete using Modified Slump Cone test”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Applications, Vol. 2, Issue 5, October 2013. (pg.116-131)
- Allam Lingam and J.Karthikeyan, “Prediction of Compressive Strength for HPC mixes containing different blends using ANN”, Computers and Concrete, Vol. 13, No. 5, May 2014. (pg.581-592)
National and International Conference Proceedings
- Karthikeyan, J. and Karthik R.(2011). "Effect of Consistency and Setting time using Metakaolin and Silica fume in OPC " CD Proceedings of the International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management, Kandy, Srilanka.
- Karthikeyan, J. and V.F Praveen.(2011). "Effect of Metakaolin on Self-Compacting Concrete" Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on High Performance Concrete, Rotorua, New Zealand.
- Karthikeyan, J., Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. (2010)."Long-term deformation of HPPC bridge using Experimental data " Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on short and medium span bridges , Niagara falls, Canada.
- Karthikeyan, J., Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. (2009). “Incremental Time-Step Method for Predicting Long-term Deformation of a HPPC Bridge.” CD Proceedings of PCI/NBC, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Karthikeyan, J., Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. (2008). “Long-term behavior of a prestressed concrete bridge built with HPC.” Proceedings of NBRDC, Hyderabad, India.
- Karthikeyan, J., Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. (2007). “Deflection of a box girder bridge built with HPC.” Proceedings of national conference on recent advances in civil engineering (RACE 2007), 59-62, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Karthikeyan, J.,Upadhyay, A. and Bhandari, N. M. (2006). “Comparison of creep and shrinkage behavior of normal and high performance concrete.” Proceedings of 2nd CUSAT national conference on recent advances in civil engineering (RACE 2006), 1-3, Cochin, India.
- Karthikeyan, J., Bhandari, N. M. and Upadhyay, A. (2006). “Prediction models of creep and shrinkage in High performance concrete.” Proceedings of the national conference on high rise buildings: materials and practices, 285-292, New Delhi, India.
- Karthikeyan, J., Natesan, S. C. and Bhandari, N. M. (2005). “Acid resistance test in High performance concrete.” Proceedings of National seminar on structures and earthquake engineering – ICI – Allahabad Centre, I-29, India.
- Karthikeyan, J. and Natesan, S. C. (2004). “Role of High performance silica fume concrete.” International seminar on ultra high performance concrete (CD ROM), University of Kassel, Kassel, Germany.
- Karthikeyan, J. and Natesan, S. C. (2004). “Experimental Investigations on High performance concrete.” National Conference on Materials and structures, NIT, Warangal.
- Karthikeyan, J. and Natesan, S. C. (2004). “Influence of silica fumes on the properties of OPC and PPC with super plasticizers.” National Conference on Materials and structures, NIT, Warangal.
- Karthikeyan, J. and Natesan, S. C. (2003). “Mechanical Properties of High Performance Silica fume Concrete.” Proceedings of the 3rd International PCI/FHWA symposium on High performance concrete (CD-ROM), Orlando, USA.
- Karthikeyan, J. and Natesan, S. C. (2003). “Effects of condensed silica fumes on the properties of HPC.” Proceedings of the International conference on 3rd millennium, 21st Biennial Conference, Brisbane, Australia.
- Karthikeyan, J. (2003). “Investigations on mechanical properties of High performance concrete.” Proceedings of the national seminar, CBIT, Hyderabad.
- Allam Lingam and J.Karthikeyan (2013) “Strength Evaluation of HPC mixes containing Binary and Quaternary blends” Proceedings on the International Conference on Innovation in Concrete (ICI-IWC 2013), October 23-26 2013, Hyderabad, India, pg no.507-515.
- J.Karthikeyan and C. Arunkumar (2013) “Influence of Silicafume in SCC under its fresh and hardened state”, CD Proceedings of the 7th RILEM conference on Self Compacting Concrete, September 2 – 4, 2013, Paris, France.
- T.Aaruyir Yogaa and J.Karthikeyan (2012) “Using weld slag waste as a partial substitute for sand in concrete”, Proceeding of National Conference on Advances in Concrete and Construction Technology (NCACCT-12), Page No 150 to 154, organized by K.S.R College of Engineering, Tiruchengode.
- Balachandar.T and Karthikeyan.J (2012), “Properties of High Performance Concrete as a Partial Replacement of Cement with Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag”, CD Proceedings of CCERP-12, Manipal University –Mangalore.
Scholarships and Other Achievements
- Awarded Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD), Government of India, Fellowship during doctoral program (July 2004 to July 2008)
- Second Ranking in 12th Concrete Cube Testing Competition conducted by Indian Chapter of ACI, Mumbai (June 2004).
- Best Out going Student during M.E Degree awarded by V.L.B. Janakiammal College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore (June 2004).
- INAE award winner for the Innovation potential of best project award at Bachelors level, awarded by Indian National Academy of Engineers (INAE), New Delhi (December 2002).
- Best Project award and outstanding student award during B.E Degree awarded by Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore (June 2002).
- Presented 18 Technical papers and won prizes in various students symposiums conducted in both state and national levels at different engineering institutions during my UG and PG Programme.
- Awarded DST-Travel grant under Young scientist scheme in August 2011.
Short term Courses Attended
- "Testing of Concrete in Structures" conducted by Continuing Education Centre IIT Roorkee from December 19 - 23, 2011.
- Earthquake Engineering : Analysis, Design and Construction conducted by Institute of Engineers (I) Roorkee Chapter at CBRI-Roorkee from 21st September 2010 to 24th September 2010.
- Offshore Structures, Materials , Design and Construction held at IIT-MADRAS on 14th December 2009 to 18 th December 2009.
Workshops and Training
- Training programme on Struds software basic and advance course conducted by CSCWORLD, Pune on February 20th to 22nd , 2013.
- Short-term course on “Advancement in Finite Element Methods” Conducted by the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT-Kanpur on February 4-8, 2013.
- Three days short course on “Teaching and learning e-Resources” , IIT-Madras, Chennai, August 2012
Guest Lectures Delivered
- "High Performance Concrete Using Condensed Silica fumes” The Institution of Engineers – Tiruchirappalli local centre on 16th June 2009.
- "Material Characterization” PMGSY Short-term course for Executive Engineers – NIT-Tiruchirappalli on 9th February 2010.
- "Methods of Bridge Construction” PMGSY Short-term course for Executive Engineers – NIT-Tiruchirappalli on 12th February 2010.
- "Testing and Strengthening of Bridges” PMGSY Short-term course for Executive Engineers – NIT-Tiruchirappalli on 12th February 2010.
- "Special Concretes” One day workshop on Concrete Mix Design, NIT-Tiruchirappalli on 10th March 2010.
- "Self -Compacting concrete” Annai Engineering College – Kumbakonam on 4th April 2011.
- "Recent Trends in Concrete Technology”, Institution of Engineers (India) Trichy local Centre on June 2012.
- "Recent Trends in Prefabricated Constructions” Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Engineering – Perambalur on 4th October 2013.
- "Thermal Stresses” Agni college of Technology-Chennai on 16th June 2014.
- "Thin Cylinders and Shells” Agni college of Technology-Chennai on 17th June 2014.
- "Importance of Ductility-Methods of Introducing Ductility into R.C. Structures” Anna University of Technology, Dindigul on 22nd June 2014.
For latest details, please click here.
Dr. J. Karthikeyan
C-10,Department of Civil Engineering
National Institute of Technology
Tiruchirappalli - 620 015.