ADVANCED FOUNDATION ENGINEERING
- Sheet pile structures - cantilever sheet pile walls in granular and cohesive soils - Anchored bulk heads - Free earth support and fixed earth support methods - Anchors.
- Cofferdams - types - cellular cofferdam - uses - Design by TVA and Cumming's method. Well foundations - Types of caissons - Analysis of well foundations - determination of scourdepth - steining thickness - well sinking.
- Foundations subjected to vibrations - elements of vibrations - Free, damped, free and forced vibrations - Design criteria - Pauw's analogy - IS Code of practice for impact and reciprocating machines.
- Foundation drainage and water proofing - Dewatering well points system, sand drains. Foundations in expansive soils - Mechanism - factors influencing swelling – Use of Geosynthetics.
- Stability analysis of slopes - infinite slopes in sand and clays - finite slope - Swedish circle - stability of earth dam slope during steady and sudden draw down - friction circle method - Taylor's stability number. Sheet pile structures - Anchored bulk heads
- Bowles, J.E., Foundation Analysis and Design, McGraw Hill., 1993.