Dr. E. S. Gopi
esgopi [at] nitt [dot] edu
Series Editor, Signals and Communication Technology (Springer pubication,Scopus indexed) : https://www.springer.com/series/4748
- Ph.D (Investigations on Linear Discriminant Analysis), National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli.
- M.E, Communication Systems with First Class with Distinction from Anna University .
- B.E, Electronics and Communication Engineering with First Class with Distinction from Madurai, Kamaraj University.
- Faculty advisor for the NITT chapter on ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTION FOR OTHERS CREATES A BETTER WORLD FOR US ALL (ENACTUS).
- Delivered Guest lecture at "World Standards Day 2019 ", Oragnized by Bureau of Indian Standards, Southern regional office, on 14th October 2019
- MDCWC2020 WORKSHOP, 11th to 13th May 2020
- Pre-workshop 16th to 20th September 2019
- Team leader for the GTRE (Gas Turbine Research Establishment) project on "ML in the area of image analysis and pattern recognition "
- Faculty start-up project under CEDI. Project title:Learning Resources using Graphics and Animation and to offer interdisciplinary certificate courses based on the created learning resources.
- Represented NIT,Trichy for attending the conference on promotion of Artificial Intelligence in Education sector at IIT New Delhi on 4th July 2019
- Participated in the workshop on "One week Matlab project course on 5G Wireless Technologies:Massive MIMO, mm Wave, NOMA, Full duplex, OFDM/FBMC, NB-IoT, organized by IIT Kanpur during 8th July to 14th July 2019
- Visited IIRS (Dehradun) in the ISRO Academia day , November 13,2018
- Co-ordinated the "Research methodology" course for the research scholar, Jan 2019 Batch.
- Participated in the workshop on "ML and DL" during 26th-30th Dec 2018 and 23rd-25th April 2019, IIT Bombay, Mumbai
- Algorithm development using Digital signal processing, Pattern recognition and computational intelligence
- Dissemination of knowledge through teaching and writing books
Research and Academic Interests
- Pattern recognition: Dimensionality reduction techniques (PCA, LDA, K-LDA, ICA,etc.), Classifier (SVM, NM,NN, Probabilistic approach,etc.), Regression, Bigdata analysis, etc.
- Digital signal processing: Image processing, Speech processing, DSP for wireless communicaiton, DSP for Bio-medical signal processing, etc.
- Computational intelligence: Particle swarm optimization, Bacterial foraging, Ant colony, Genetic algorithm, Artificial neural network, Fuzzy logic systems, etc.
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Membership No:93912866, R10 -Asia and Pacific,
Book Published as sole author
- Pattern recognition and Computational intelligence techniques using Matlab (2019), ISBN 978-3-030-22273-4,Springer publications.
- Multi-Disciplinary Digital Signal Processing: A functional approach using Matlab (2017), ISBN 978-3-319-57429-5, Springer publications
- Digital signal processing for wirelesss communication using Matlab (2015) ,ISBN 978-3-319-20651-6, Springer publications
- Digital Speech processing using Matlab (2014), ISBN 978-81-322-1676-6, Springer publications
- Digital signal processing for medical imaging using Matlab (2012), ISBN 978-1-4614-3139-8, Springer publications
- Mathematical summary for digital signal processing applications with Matlab (2010),ISBN:978-90-481-3746-6, Springer publications
- Algorithm Collections for Digital Signal Processing Applications Using Matlab (2007), ISBN: 978-1-4020-6409-, Springer publications
- Digital Image processing using Matlab (2007) : ISBN:9788183715867, Scitech publications
Journal Publications (SCI / SCIE Indexed)
- G.Jayabrindha, E.S.Gopi, "Ant Colony Technique for Optimizing the Order of Cascaded SVM Classifier for Sunflower Seed Classification" , IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence, pp.78 - 88, Vol.2, Issue 1, 2017.
- E.S.Gopi, "Digital image forgery detection using artificial neural network and independent component analysis", Elsevier journal on Applied Mathematics and Computation (Cite score:2.32 (Top 16%), 51/418 in Applied mathematics. ) ,Vol. 194-2, 2007, pp. 540-543. ISSN:0096-3003
- E.S.Gopi, P.Palanisamy "Neural network based class-conditional probability density function using kernel trick for supervised classifier", Elsevier journal on neuro computing (Cite score:3.74 (Top 6%), 22/168 in Artificial Intelligene. ), Vol.154, pp. 225-229, 2014, ISSN:0925-2312.
- E.S.Gopi,P.Palanisamy, "Maximizing Gaussianity using kurtosis measurement in the kernel space for kernel linear discriminant analysis", Elsevier journal on neuro computing (Cite score:3.74 (Top 6%), 22/168 in Artificial Intelligene.),Vol.144, pp.329-337, 2014, ISSN:0925-2312.
- E.S.Gopi, P.Palanisamy "Formulating particle swarm optimization based membership linear discriminant analysis", Elsevier journal on swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation (Cite score:5.44 (Top 1%), 2/327 in General Mathematics.) , Vol.12, pp.65-73, 2013, ISSN:2210-6502.
- E.S.Gopi, P.Palanisamy, "Fast computation of PCA bases of image subspace using its inner-product subspace", Elsevier journal on Applied Mathematics and Computation (Cite score:2.32 (Top 16%), 51/418 in Applied Mathematics.), Vol.219-12, pp.6729-6732, 2013, ISSN:0096-3003.
Journal Publications (Scopus indexed)
- Hemant Sharma and E.S. Gopi. "Signal processing approach for music synthesis using bird’s Sounds", Elsevier journal on Procedia Technology , Volume 10, 2013, Pages 287-294
- Vinoth S and E S Gopi. ‘’Neural network modeling of color array filter for digital forgery detection using kernel LDA’’, Elsevier journal on Procedia Technology , Volume 10, 2013, Pages 287-294
- Jay.K.Patel and E.S.Gopi, ‘’Musical Notes identification using Digital signal processing’’, Elsevier journal on procedia computer science (Cite score: 1.03) , Volume 57, 2015, Pages 876–884
- Hari Babu Padarthi and E.S.Gopi, ‘’ Medical data classifications using Genetic algorithm based Generalized Kernel Linear Discriminant analysis’’, Elsevier journal on procedia computer science (Cite score:1.03), Volume 57, 2015, Pages 868–875
- E.S.Gopi, P.Palanisamy, "Formulating Particle Swarm Optimization based Generalized Kernel Function for Kernel-Linear Discriminant Analysis", Elsevier journal on Proceedia technology, Vol.6, pp.517-525, 2013
Click here to view full list of conference publications
Reviewed Book chapters
- Sankar N Nair, E.S.Gopi, "Deep Learning Techniques for Crime Hotspot Detection", Optimization in Machine learning and Applications, Springer, 2020
- Shaik Mahammad, E.S.Gopi, Vineetha Yogesh, "The Roulette Wheel selection based Computational Intelligence technique to design an efficient transmission policy for Energy Harvesting Sensors" ,Optimization in Machine learning and Applications, Springer, 2020
- G.J.Brinda, E.S.Gopi, "Maximizing Profits in Crop Planning Using Socio Evolution and Learning Optimization", Edited volume on Socio-cultural Inspired Metaheuristics, Springer, 2019
- Rajasekharreddy, Poreddy, E.S.Gopi, Feature Selection for Vocal Segmentation Using Social Emotional Optimization Algorithm, Springer, 2019
- Vineetha Yogesh, E.S.Gopi, Shaik Mahammad, "Particle Swarm Optimization based HMM parameter estimation for spectrum sensing in Cognitive radio system", Edited volume on Computational intelligence for Pattern Recognition, Springer, 2018.
- Florintina.C, E.S.Gopi, "Music composition inspired by sea wave patterns observed from beaches", Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology (ICDECT 2017), Springer,2017.
- Kshitij Rachchh, E.S.Gopi, "Inclusion of Vertical bar in the OMR sheet for Image Based Robust and Fast OMR Evaluation Technique using Mobile Phone Camera ",Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology (ICDECT 2017), Springer, 2017
- E.S.Gopi, P.Palanisamy, "Scatter Matrix versus the Proposed Distance Matrix on Linear Discriminant Analysis for Image Pattern Recognition", Springer, pp.101-108, 2014
- E.S.Gopi, R.Lakshmi, N.Ramya, and S.M. Shereen Farzana, " Music indexing using Independent Component Analysis with pseudo-generated sources,Independent Component Analysis and Blind Signal Separation", Springer Berlin Heidelberg,pp.1237-1244, 2004
- Statistical theory of communication (UG)
- Linear algebra and stochastic process (PG)
- Pattern recognition (UG Global elective)
- Pattern recognition and computational intelligence (PG elective )
- Digital signal processing for wireless communication (UG elective )
- Statistical signal processing (UG Honours)
- Digital signal processing for medical imaging (UG Honours)
- Digital signal processing laboratory (for UG) (2009-2016)
- Digital signal and Image processing laboratory (for PG (communication systems)) (2010-2016)
- Associate professor, Since 2018, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Assistant professor, 2006 -2018, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Senior Lecturer, Lecturer, 1998-2006 - Various other institutions
- Start-up cell faculty facilitator during 2018 -till date
- Community Radio Station FM 90.8 - Programme member from November 2016 - till date.
- Instrumental for the NBA activities for M.Tech. (Communication Systems) during 2016.
- Department Project Evaluation Committee member for M.Tech. (Communication Systems) during 2012-2015.
- BOS co-ordinator during 2015.
- Young Scientist travel grant by Department of science and technology, SERC division to present paper in the conference held at Singapore during 26th to 28th Feb 2010
- "Best citizens of India 2013" by the International publishing house.
- "Shiksha Rattan Puraskar Award", certificate of excellence by Dr. Bhishma Narain Singh, Former Governor Assam and Tamil Nadu at India International Centre, New Delhi on 9th Feb 2013
- "Glory of India Gold Medal" by presented by Shri Syed Sibtey Razi, Former Governor of Jharkhand, at India International Centre, New Delhi on 9th Feb 2013
Countries visited for presenting the papers in the international conferences:
- ICDIP 2011,Singapore,2011
- ICA 2004,Granada,Spain,2004
Co-ordinator and Head, Pattern recognition and computational intelligence laboratory and COMPSIG NITT Newsletter
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli -620015
Room no: E-101