Dr. G. Thavasi Raja
- B.E. (1998-2002) in ECE with First Class from MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi, affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, TN, India.
- M.E. (2002-2004) in Comm. Systems with Distinction from Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, affiliated to Anna University, TN, India.
- Ph.D. (2012-2016) from Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of ECE, National Institute of Technology, Trichy - 620015, India (01.06.06 - till date).
- Research Fellow (On duty under AICTE-QIP scheme), Department of E&ECE, IIT, Kharagpur, India. (24.07.12 - 15.07.15).
- Lecturer, Dept. of ECE, SSN College of Engineering (SSN Institutions), Chennai - 603110, India (01.09.04 - 26.05.06).
- Lecturer, Dept. of ECE, SRM Engineering College (SRM Institute), Chennai - 603203, India (11.06.04 - 17.08.04).
Research Areas of Interest
- Photonics (Fiber Optic Devices & Optical Waveguides)
- Digital Communication Systems
Book Chapter: R. Rajasekar, G. Thavasi Raja, and S. Robinson, "Photonic Crystal-Based Sensors for Biosensing Applications," Chapter 10, Advances in Photonic Crystals and Devices, CRC Press, Sep. 2019.
Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=LOXrLLUAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
Awards / Fellowships / Research Projects
- AICTE-QIP Ph.D fellowship (2012-2015).
- Core Research Grant (2017-2020), SERB. (Value: INR 20.89 Lakhs)
Supervision of Ph.D.
Sl. No Name of the Student Fellowship Area of Research Status
1. Mr. R. Rajasekar MHRD Photonic Crystal Waveguides Ongoing
2. Mr. N. Ayyanar Project Fiber Optics Sensors Ongoing
3. Mr. D. Balaji MHRD Digital Communication Systems Ongoing
Professional Society Membership
- Member, IEEE (Communications & Photonics)
- Member, OSA & SPIE
- Member, IETE & MIE
Dr. G. Thavasi Raja
Room No: 118, SJB
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
National Institute of Technology (NIT)
Tiruchirappalli - 620 015, Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph. No. 0431-2503317
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com