- B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) (1999), Manonmanium Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli
- M.E. (Power Systems), (2000), Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli
- Ph.D. (Computer Applications in Power Systems) (2006), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Research Associate, Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli (2001 - 2002)
- Teaching Assistant, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (2002 - 2006)
- Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (April 2006 - March 2018)
- Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (March 2018 - Till date)
- See the list of papers published here
Areas of Interest:
- Smart Grid
- Power Quality
- Distributed Generation
- Distribution System Analysis
- Power System Operation and Control
- Computer Applications to Power Systems Analysis
Sponsored Research Projects
- Power Quality Improvement using Unified Series Shunt Compensator (USSC), Value : INR 13.8 Lakhs. Sponsoring Agency – Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Duration : 2009-2012.
- Development of Micro-Grid Controller Integrated with Multiple Types of Renewable Sources and Loads, Value : INR 14.95 Lakhs. Sponsoring Agency – Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd, Govt. of India. Duration : July 2013 – February 2014
Other Investigators : Dr. N.Kumaresan, Dr. S. Moorthi and Dr. N. Ammasaigounden
- A Novel Hybrid Energy System for Supplying Isolated Loads with FPGA Based Energy Management Scheme, Value: INR 37.4 Lakhs. Sponsoring Agency – National Institute of Wind Energy (Formerly Centre for Wind Energy Technology), Chennai, Govt. of India. Duration : 2013 – 2017
Other Investigators : Dr. N.Kumaresan and Dr. S. Moorthi
- Development of Intelligent Residential Load Management System for Smart Grid Environment, Value: INR 21.58 Lakhs. Sponsoring Agency - Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India under Visvesvaraya Young Faculty Research Fellowship. Duration : May 2016 - March 2019
- Investigations on Distributed Generation Planning and Certain Grid Interaction Issues of Wind Turbine Generator System – K. Vinothkumar, July 2007 - August 2011.
- Investigations on Performance of Unified Power Quality Conditioner with Combined Mode Control – S. Srinath, August 2008- December 2012.
- Investigations on Certain Multistring Inverter Topologies for Single-phase Micro-grid Applications - B. Dastagiri Reddy, February 2012 - January 2016.
- Investigations on Various Demand Response Frameworks for Smart Residential Buildings - S.L. Arun, July 2013 - November 2018
- Scheduling of Thermal Generating Units Incorporating FACTS Devices using Bee Colony Intelligent System - S. Sreejith, February 2008 - July 2013. Co-guided with Dr. Sishaj P. Simon
- Design and Development of FPGA based Embedded Systems for Online Monitoring, Power Management and Control of Power Quality Conditioners in a Micro-grid - K. Venkatraman, October 2012 - December 2016. Co-guided with Dr. S. Moorthi
- FPGA Controlled Four-Leg DSTATCOM for Multifarious Load Compensation in Power Distribution System - A. Dheepanchakkravarthy, February 2013 - March 2019. Co-guided with Dr. S. Moorthi
- Effective Relaying Schemes for Long Transmission Line Protection - Suryanarayana Gangolu, August 2015 - July 2019, Co-guided with Dr. P. Raja
MS (by Research) Guidance
- Simulation and Experimental Study of Series Active Filter – K. Venkatraman, 2012.
- Realization of Multi-Agent System for Residential Demand Response Under Smart Grid Paradigm - Shashank Singh, 2019.
Associate Professor, EEE F17, EEE Department ,
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli,
Tamilnadu, India 620015
Phone (O) : + 91-431-250 3262
Fax : +91-431-250 0133
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org