Dr. Shelas Sathyan
- PhD (Electrical Engineering), Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India.
- M.Tech. (Power Electronics and Drives), Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India, (CGPA: 9.57/10, First position)
- B. Tech (Honors), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Government College of Engineering Kannur, Kannur University, Kerala.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, NIT-Tiruchirappalli (2018 May - Till Date)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida (2017 June - 2018 May)
Honors and Awards
- VNIT-Nagpur Academic excellence award (2012) for obtaining highest CGPA in M.Tech power electronics and drives programme.
- MHRD fellowship for PhD programme in VNIT Nagpur (2012-2017).
- MHRD fellowship for M.Tech programme in VNIT Nagpur (2010-2012).
- Merit Scholarship from Government of Kerala (2002)
Areas of Interest
- Power Electronics
- Switched Mode Power Converters
- Soft switching Techniques
- Wide band gap Devices
- Integration of renewable energy sources
Advanced Power Converters Lab (APCL)
||Year of registration
|| High Frequency Power Converters
|Merlin Mary NJ
||Power Converter Design
M. Tech Students
|Mohd Shahnawaz Khan
|| On-board battery charger for EV
||Impedence source DC/DC Converter
|S Satish Chandra Bommagani
||Dual Active Bridge Converter
||Solar Powered EV smart charging with V2G capabilty to reduce peak demand on distribution network
||Completed, (currently with KPIT Technologies)
|Kumbha Veera Hanuamn
||Grid connected PV system with DC/DC Resonant Converter
||Completed, (currently with Collins Aerospace)
- Prashant Upadhyay, Rajneesh Kumar and Shelas Sathyan " A Coupled-Inductor Based High Gain Converter Utilizing Magnetizing Inductance to Achieve soft-switching with Low Voltage Stress on Devices" IET Power Electronics , (Accepted, in press), 2019.
- Shelas Sathyan, H. M. Suryawanshi, A. B. Shitole, M. S. Ballal and V. B. Borghate " Soft Switched Interleaved DC/DC Converter as front-end of Multi Inverter Structure for Micro-Grid Applications" IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 7645-7655, Sept. 2018.
- H. M. Suryawanshi, S. Pachpor, T. Ajmal, G. G. Talapur, Shelas Sathyan et al, " Hybrid Control of High Efficient Resonant Converter for Renewable Energy System", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol.14, no.5, pp.1835-1845, May. 2018.
- A. B. Shitole, Shelas Sathyan, H. M. Suryawanshi, G. G. Talapur, and P. Chaturvedi "Soft Switched High Voltage Gain Boost Integrated Flyback Converter Interfaced Single Phase Grid Tied Inverter for SPV Integration", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol.54, no.01, pp.482-493, Jan. 2018.
- A. B. Shitole, H. M. Suryawanshi, G. G. Talapur, Shelas Sathyan et al " Grid Interfaced Distributed Generation System with Modified Current Control Loop using Adaptive Synchronization Technique" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol.13, no.5, pp.2634-2644, Oct. 2017.
- A. B. Shitole, H. M. Suryawanshi, Shelas Sathyan, G. G. Talapur, and M. S. Ballal "A Comparative Performance Evaluation of Extended AANF with Different Parameter Estimation Techniques for Renewable Energy Integration", Electric Power Components and Systems, Taylor and Francis, Vol. 45, Issue 17, Aug. 2017
- Shelas Sathyan, H. M. Suryawanshi, M. S. Ballal and A. B. Shitole " Low switching stress DC-DC converter with capability of high voltage gain for low voltage energy sources" European Power Electronics and Drives Journal (EPE)-Taylor and Francis, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 74-84, April, 2017.
- Shelas Sathyan, H. M. Suryawanshi, Bhim singh, Chandan Chakraborty, Vishal Verma and M.S. Ballal " ZVS-ZCS High Voltage Gain Integrated Boost Converter For DC Microgrid" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics , vol.63, no.11, pp.6898-6908, Nov. 2016.
- Shelas Sathyan, H. M. Suryawanshi, M. S. Ballal and A. B. Shitole " Soft Switching DC/DC Converter for Distributed Energy Sources With High Step Up Voltage Capability" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics , vol.62, no.11, pp.7039-7050, Nov. 2015.
H. M. Suryawanshi, M. S. Ballal, R. K. Keshri, T. Ajmal, Shelas Sathyan "Hybrid control of resonant converter for DC grid applications"- Indian Patent,
Application No: 201621001282, Journal No: 08/2016, Published on: 19/02/16.
Google Scholar Link
Office: EEEA2 G1,
Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department,
National Institute of Technology,