Dr. M. Jaya Bharata Reddy
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- M.E. in Electrical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi.
- Ph.D. in DSP applications for Digital Relaying, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi.
- Lecturer- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi. INDIA (July 2004- Jan 2009).
- Assistant Professor- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli , Tamilnadu, INDIA (Jan 2009-Jan 2012).
- Associate Professor- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli ,Tamilnadu,INDIA (Jan 2012-Sep 2019).
- Professor- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli ,Tamilnadu,INDIA (Oct 2019-Till date).
Theory: Basic Electrical Engineering, Circuit Theory, Power systems I & II, Introduction to system theory, Power system switchgear and Protection, Power Generation systems
Transmission and Distribution systems, Power system Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Advanced Signal Processing, Power Quality, Computer Relaying and wide area measurement systems.
Labs: Circuits and Devices Lab, Digital Signal Processing Lab, MATLAB application to Power system , Power System Hardware Lab.
Development of New Labs
- Power System Hardware Lab (NIT,Trichy).
- MATLAB application to Power system (BIT,Mesra).
- Digital Signal Processing (BIT,Mesra).
Publications & Patents
- Click here for the full list of Publications and Patents Granted
Areas of Interest
- Digital Relaying
- Wide Area Protection (WAPs)
- Phasor Measurement Units (PMUs)
- Smart Grid
- Power Quality Analysis
Awards & Honors
- Senior Member IEEE, USA -2013.
- Digital Signal Processing (Elsevier Publication)-Top 25 Hottest Articles-2013.
- Program Committee Member for EEEIC International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering(IEEE), Poland (2008-2013).
- Young Engineers Award-IEI (Institute of Engineers, India) -Electrical Engineering-2010.
- Electric Power Components & Systems(Taylor & Francis)- Most cited article -2010.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Scholarship (2002-2004).
Editorial Board Member
- Guest Editor-in-Chief- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution special issue on "Emerging Trends in System Integrity Protection Schemes (SIPS) for Improving the Performance of Smart Grid " (February 2018- April 2019).
- Associate Editor- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution (2018-till now).
- Associate Editor- IET High Voltage (2017-till now).
- Associate Editor- IEEE Access (2017-till now).
- Editor- Electric Power Components & Systems, Taylor & Francis (2013-till now).
- Editorial Board Member-- Electric Power Components & Systems, Taylor & Francis (2010-till now).
PhD: 2- Graduated, 2-Continuing; M.Tech: 29- Graduated, 3-Continuing
Awards Received by Students
- Saggurthi Anil Kumar -POSOCO Power System Award (Masters Category)-2019.
- Diptak Pal- Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) -2018
- R. Jayakumar Reddy-POSOCO Power System Award (Masters Category)-2017.
- P.Gopa Kumar- POSOCO Power System Award (Doctoral Category)-2016.
- Soham Dutta, P.K. Sadhu, M. Jayabharata Reddy and D. K. Mohanta, "Role of Micro Phasor Measurement Unit (μPMU) for Decision Making Based on Enhanced Situational Awareness of Modern Distribution System", “Decision Making Applications in Modern Power Systems” Elsevier,USA, 2020.
- A. Bhargav, M. Jaya Bharata Reddy and D.K. Mohanta, “Standards and Communication Systems in Smart Grid”, “Smart Grids and their Communication Systems ”, Springer Science, USA,2019.
- D.K.Mohanta and M.Jaya Bharata Reddy (Editors), “IET-Synchronized Phasor Measurements for Smart Grid ”, March 2017.
- Gopakumar Pathirikkat, M. Jaya Bharata Reddy, D. K. Mohanta, “Transmission Line Fault Detection, Classification and Localization in Smart Power Grids using Synchrophasor Measurements”, IET-Synchronized Phasor Measurements for Smart Grid, March 2017.
- G. SaravanaIlango, C. Nagamani, M.A. Asha Rani, M. Jaya Bharata Reddy, A. Karthikeyan, “Sensor-Less Estimation of Rotor Position In A Doubly Fed Induction Machine ”, Handbook of Distributed Generation, Springer Science, March 2017.
- Realization and Implementation of Wide-Area Disturbance Monitoring and Protection Methodology for Future Grids using PMUs, SERB-Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, Rs.31.56 Lakhs (2019-2022).(Ongoing)-Role as PI
- Investigation on Data-Driven Event Detection using Indian Power Grid’s Synchrophasor Data, SERB-Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, Rs.19.41 Lakhs (2018-2021).(Ongoing)-Role as Co-PI
- Design and Development of Solar Photo-Voltaic Powered Cold Storage System, CERI-Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, Rs 105.81560 Lakhs (2016-2020). (Ongoing)-Role as PI
- Development of Microgrid Test-Bed for Renewable Energy Management System, SERB-Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi (Fast track project proposal for the young scientist), Rs. 20.85 Lakhs. (2012-2015). (Completed)-Role as PI
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
National Institute of Technology,