- Departments / Centres
Frequency response - Harmonic analysis of simple circuits - Fourier series - Fourier integral - Fourier transforms methods
Classification of signals - representation in terms of elementary signals - impulse functions - Time response of circuits - complex frequency - poles and zeros - frequency response from pole-zero configuration – Driving point impedances - two-port networks
Realizability of one port networks – Hurwitz polynomials – Position function – necessary and sufficient condition of positive real functions – testing a positive real function – properties of driving point impedance – synthesis of LC, RL and RC driving point admittance
Differential equations of translational and rotational systems - transfer function - block diagram representation - Block diagram algebra - signal flow graph - Mason's gain formula
Concepts of state and state variables – state space modelling for simple electrical and mechanical systems – state transition matrix - solution of state equations
1. D.Roy choudhury,”Networks and Systems”,New Age International Publisher New Delhi,2005.
2. Nagrath I.J. and Gopal M,` Control Systems Engineering', New Age International,5th edition, 2007.
3. F.F.Kuo, „Network Analysis and Synthesis‟, John Wiley Inc., New York , 1966.
4. Cheng.D.K.,` Analysis of Linear Systems', Addision Wesley,1988.
5. James W. Nilsson and Susan Riedel, “Electric circuits”, Prentice Hall; 8 edition, 2007.