- Departments / Centres
8-Bit Microprocessor - 8085 architecture and memory interfacing ( RAM & ROM), interfacing I/O devices - instruction set - addressing modes - assembly language programming – interrupts - timing diagram
8051 Microcontroller - Intel 8051 architecture, memory organization, flags, stack, special function registers, I/O, ports - connecting external memory, counters and timers, serial data I/O, Interrupts
Microcontroller instructions - addressing modes, moving data, logical operations, arithmetic operations, jump and call instructions – subroutines - Interrupts and returns
Microcontroller programming - Assembly Language Programming, timer and counter programming, connection to RS 232, Interrupt programming
Peripherals and interfacing - Serial and parallel I/O (8251 and 8255), Programmable DMA controller, Programmable interrupt controller, ADC/DAC interfacing, Waveform generation, speed control of DC motor, Stepper motor control, seven segment LED display
1. Ramesh S. Gaonkar, “Microprocessor Architecture Programming and Applications with 8085”, Fourth edition, Prentice Hall, 2002.
2. Kenneth Ayala, “The 8051 Microcontroller”, Third edition, Cengage Learning, 2005.
3. Muhammad Ali Mazidi, Janice Mazidi , Janice Gillispie Mazidi, “The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems”, Prentice Hall , 1999.
4. Ray A.K.Bhurchandi.K.M, “Advanced Microprocessor and Peripherals”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2002.
5. Sencer Yeralan, “Programming and Interfacing the 8051 Microcontroller”, Addison-Wesley Publications.