Dr. Raghu Ram Karthik Desu
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
Tamil Nadu, INDIA - 620015
Office: Room No: 123, OJAS Building
Ph: 0431-250-3432 (O)
Research Areas: Powder Beds, Additive Manufacturing, Granular systems, High-Temperature Material Testing, ANN, GA
Important Links: Personal Homepage GoogleScholar Scopus publications
Latest updates / Information
National Institute of Technology
May 2020 - Present
Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Jan 2019 - May 2020
Post-Doctoral Fellow (National PDF under SERB India)
Research Topic: Force Network formation in granular crystals
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Jan 2019 - Jan 2020
Post-Doc Fellow (July 2019 - Jan 2020)
Institute Pre-Doc Fellowship (Jan 2019 - Jun 2020)
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (2014 - 2019)
Doctor of Philosophy
Master of Science (under dual degree MS-PhD)
Department of Mechanical Engineering (CGPA: 8.5/10)
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (2009 - 2013)
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E Hons)
- Jaggannagari, Sujith Reddy, Raghuram Karthik Desu, Jörg Reimann, Yixiang Gan, Marigrazia Moscardini, and Ratna Kumar Annabattula. "DEM simulations of vibrated sphere packings in slender prismatic containers." Powder Technology (2021).
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, et al. "Compaction mechanics of a polydisperse crushable spherical granular assembly using discrete element method." International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics 13.1 (2021): 114-121.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Akhil Reddy Peeketi, and Ratna Kumar Annabattula. "Influence of bed conditions on the effective thermal conductivity of ceramic breeder pebble beds using thermal DEM (TDEM)." Fusion Engineering and Design 159 (2020): 111767.
- Peeketi, Akhil Reddy, Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Pramod Kumbhar and Annabattula, Ratna Kumar. "Thermal analysis of large granular assemblies using a hierarchical approach coupling the macro-scale finite element method and micro-scale discrete element method through artificial neural networks." Computational Particle Mechanics 6.4 (2019): 811-822.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, and Annabattula, Ratna Kumar. "Particle size effects on the contact force distribution in compacted polydisperse granular assemblies" Granular Matter (2019) 21:29.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Peeketi Akhil Reddy and Annabattula, Ratna Kumar. "Artificial neural network-based prediction of effective thermal conductivity of a granular bed in a gaseous environment" Computational Particle Mechanics (2019).
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Paritosh Chaudhuri, and Ratna Kumar Annabattula. "High-temperature oedometric compression of Li2TiO3 pebble beds for Indian TBM." Fusion Engineering and Design (2018).
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Anand Moorthy, and Ratna Kumar Annabattula. "DEM simulation of packing mono-sized pebbles into prismatic containers through different filling strategies." Fusion Engineering and Design 127 (2018): 259-266.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Yixiang Gan, Marc Kamlah, and Ratna Kumar Annabattula. "Mechanics of binary crushable granular assembly through discrete element method." Nuclear Materials and Energy 9 (2016): 237-241.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Swadesh Kumar Singh, and Amit Kumar Gupta. "Comparative study of warm and hydromechanical deep drawing for low-carbon steel." The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 85, no. 1-4 (2016): 661-672.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Hansoge Nitin Krishnamurthy, Aditya Balu, Amit Kumar Gupta, and Swadesh Kumar Singh. "Mechanical properties of austenitic stainless steel 304L and 316L at elevated temperatures." Journal of Materials Research and Technology 5, no. 1 (2016): 13-20.
- Desu, Raghuram Karthik, Sharath Chandra Guntuku, B. Aditya, and Amit Kumar Gupta. "Support vector regression based flow stress prediction in austenitic stainless steel 304." Procedia materials science 6 (2014): 368-375.
- Gupta, Amit Kumar, Sharath Chandra Guntuku, Desu, Raghuram Karthik, and Aditya Balu. "Optimisation of turning parameters by integrating genetic algorithm with support vector regression and artificial neural networks." The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 77, no. 1-4 (2015): 331-339
- Raghuram Karthik Desu and Ratna Kumar Annabattula*, DEM simulations of packing structures in pebble beds, 19th Ceramic Breeder Blanket Interactions (CBBI-19), Kyoto, Japan, 21-23 September, 2017.
- Raghuram Karthik Desu* and Ratna Kumar Annabattula, Modeling granular systems with pebble plasticity using discrete element method, Second International Conference on Powder, granule and bulk solids: Innovations and Applications, 1-3 December 2016, Jaipur Rajasthan, India.
- Raghu Ram Karthik Desu* and Ratna Kumar Annabattula, Modeling granular systems using discrete element method with elasto-plastic contact model, International Workshop on Mechanics of Energy Materials (IWMEM 2016), 14-15 Nov 2016 The University of Sydney, Australia.
- Raghuram Karthik Desu*, Anand Moorthy and Ratna Kumar Annabattula, Study of packing structures in pebble beds using Discrete Element Method, Second workshop on Lithium ceramics for tritium breeding (LCTB 2016), 23-24 August, 2016.
- Hirshikesh*, Raghuram Karthik Desu, Ratna Kumar Annabattula and S Natarajan, Mechanics of crushable pebble assembly -- a coupled XFEM-DEM approach, Second workshop on Lithium ceramics for tritium breeding (LCTB 2016), 23-24 August, 2016.
- Raghuram Karthik Desu*, Ratna Kumar Annabattula, Yixiang Gan and Marc Kamlah, Mechanics of binary crushable pebble assembly, International Conference on Fusion Reactor Materials (ICFRM-17), 11-16 October 2015, Aachen, Germany.
- Prasad, K. Sajun, Raghuram Karthik Desu, Jayahari Lade, Swadesh Kumar Singh, and Amit Kumar Gupta. "Finite element modeling and prediction of thickness strains of deep drawing using ANN and LS-Dyna for ASS304." In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 1567, no. 1, pp. 402-405. AIP, 2013.
Details coming soon ...
Meanwhile, check out my home page for details...