Institute Purchase Committee
DO/ PURCHASE-COMMITTEE/2016 November 15, 2016
An institute level purchase committee is constituted for arriving at NIT-T rate contracts for the purchase of computers, workstations, laptops, servers, printers, scanners, computer components, accessories, peripherals, UPSs, appliances, networking components (active / passive), LCD/DLP Projectors, Software, etc, and for drafting the tender specifications, floating and advertising, conducting purchase committee meetings, etc.
The following are the members of this purchase committee:
- Dean (R&C) or Dean (ID) or Dean (P&D) Chairman
- Dr. A. Ramakalyan, HOD/CSG Convener
- External Experts from BHEL, Tiruchirappalli External Member
(for items costing more than 5 Lakhs)
- Shri. P. Arun, Technical Officer, CSG Member
- Shri. K. Pradeep, Technical Officer, CSG Member
- Assistant Registrar or Dy. Registrar (R&C or Accounts) Member
(for looking into the purchase procedures such as terms & conditions, validity and related activities alone other than specification)
- Shri. A. Palanivel, Registrar Member
(for items costing more than Rs.5 Lakhs)
If the unit cost of any item is more than Rs.5 lakhs then one more external member from industry / National Institutes or Labs may be included. The committee can co-opt other member/s and experts as it deems necessary.
- This committee will follow the Institute Purchase procedure and submit their recommendations to the Director for arriving at NIT-T rate contracts.
- The Director will approve the NIT-T rate contract for a given period usually 1 year, based on the recommendations of the Institute Purchase Committee.
- Purchase order for the Computer / IT related items as per the NIT-T rate contracts may be placed by the respective department following the Institute purchase procedure and as per the power delegation of financial powers as specified by the BOG, NIT-T