- Departments / Centres
The ECE Association was the conception of Dr. A.L. Abdusattar (former HOD) in March 1992 seeded with the idea of organizing a national level technical symposium which would be the first of its kind in the college.
Since its conception in 1992, the ECE Association has played the vital role of being the much needed bridge between the students and industry level research and development.
The Association organizes several events throughout the academic year like guest lectures, competitions, field trips, tech talks and most importantly PROBE, one of the largest department symposium in India.
PROBE has played host to several industry giants such as Atmel, National Instruments, CISCO, Cypress Semiconductors, Intel, Schneider Electric and Texas Instruments through workshops and technical talks at the NIT, Trichy campus. With active participation from students in and around the region and recently with international level participation, PROBE has escalated to being a series of events held throughout the year.
The Association works with the following objectives:
The ECE Association maintains 3 websites for its members, symposium and national connectivity respectively.
The association has currently taken up the initiative to connect the students in all other sister NITs on a single online platform with active participation from industry and academic researchers.
1. Welcoming first years: The academic session kicked off by welcoming the first years to the department as a part of their orientation programme. The ECE Association, being firm believers of collaboration and unity stepped out to give the freshmen an overview into their upcoming four years in the department. A brief session was held to discuss the grading system, internships and placement opportunities, the annual department symposium ‘Probe’, and the department’s achievement in NITTfest and Sportsfete. The session concluded with high spirits and optimism from the freshmen.
2. Inauguration: The ECE Association 2019-’20 was inaugurated by Dr Surendra Pal, Ex-Vice Chancellor DIAT Pune and Deputy Director, Digital & Communications Area, ISRO Satellite Center. The event held on 28th August congratulated the office bearers for the upcoming year and was then followed by a guest lecture by Dr Surendra Pal on the Moon mission Chandrayaan. HoD Dr G Lakshminarayanan, Senior Professors of the Department Dr S Raghavan and Dr B Venkataramani, Faculty Advisor, ECEA, Dr R. Pandeeswari, Faculty Treasurer, ECEA, Prof. R Thilagavathy and other dignitaries graced the occasion with their presence.
3. Sportsfete: The annual inter-departmental sports fest of NITT, witnessed the ECE department head onto the field to prove its mettle in the field of sports. The ECE Association worked tirelessly to inspire teamwork and cooperation within the department. The days of the fest were marked with enthusiastic participation and brought laurels to the department in various events such as chess, basketball, kabaddi and more.
4. Event for first years: ‘Quizzardo’ was the quizzing event hosted exclusively for first years on topics ranging from science and technology to books and cartoons. Nearly 40 teams competed eagerly in this event conducted by the ECE Association and the Balls by Picasso team of NITT.
5. Social Responsibility event: The ECE Association celebrated Children’s Day 2019 by reaching out and spreading joy amongst the children of the REC Middle school, Thuvakudi. Students from first to eighth grade participated in drawing, singing and dancing competitions and various games as a part of this event which aimed at interacting with the children who will become the leaders and innovators of the future.