Dr. (Mrs.) L.Cindrella
- Solar selective coatings
- Fuel cell components
- Conducting polymers
- Zeolite based materials
- Computational modelling of energy systems
- Lecturer, Regional Engineering College (REC), Trichy, India.
- Senior Lecturer, REC, Trichy, India.
- Assistant Professor, REC (renamed as NIT in 2004), Trichy, India.
- Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy, India.
- Professor, NIT, Trichy, India. Jul.2009-Apr.2019
- Professor (HAG), NIT, Trichy, India. Since April 2019
Ph.D. Programmes guided
Guided (9) students
Ongoing Ph.D. Programmes
Ongoing Ph.D. students (7)
M.Sc. Projects guided/co-guided
Guided(61), ongoing students (2)
M.Tech. Projects guided/co-guided
M.Phil. Projects guided
Recent 10 Publications:
- R. Venkatesan, L. Cindrella, Semiconductive poly[N1,N4-bis(thiophen-2-ylmethylene)benzene-1,4- diamine]-nickel oxide nanocomposite based ethanol sensor J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 135, DOI: 10.1002/APP.45918, 2018.
- Vinodha Ganesan, Cindrella Louis, Shima Porumpathparambil Damodaran, Novel Nanofluids Based on Magnetite Nanoclusters and Investigation on Their Cluster Size-Dependent Thermal Conductivity, J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 6918−6929, 2018.
- Aneesiya K Rajan, L.Cindrella, Studies on new natural dye sensitizers from Indigofera tinctoria in dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Optical Materials, 88, 39-47, 2019.
- S. Prabhu, L. Cindrella, Oh Joong Kwon and K. Mohanraju, Photoelectrochemical, photocatalytic and photochromic performance of rGO-TiO2-WO3 composites, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 224, 217-228, 2019.
- Aneesiya K Rajan, L.Cindrella, Localized surface plasmon resonance of Cu-doped ZnO nanostructures and the material’s integration in dye sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) enabling high open-circuit potentials, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 829, 154497, 2020.
- Aneesiya K Rajan, L.Cindrella, w-ZnO nanostructures with distinct morphologies: Properties and integration into dye sensitized solar cells, Journal of Ceramics International, 46, 8174-8184, 2020.
- A.I. Anu Karthi Swaghatha, L.Cindrella, Enhanced self-humidification and proton conductivity in magnetically aligned NiO-Co3O4/chitosan nanocomposite membranes for high-temperature PEMFCs, Polymer Journal, 53, 679–693, 2021.
- G. Athanasaki, Q. Wang, X. Shi, N. Chauhan, V. Vimala, L. Cindrella, R. Ahmad, A.M. Kannan, Design and development of gas diffusion layers with pore forming agent for proton exchange membrane fuel cells at various relative humidity conditions, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46, 6835-6844, 2021.
- A.I. Anu Karthi Swaghatha , L. Cindrella, Improved proton conductivity in MoS2–NiO–Co3O4 filled chitosan based proton exchange membranes for fuel cell applications, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 290, 126654, 2022.
- V. Vimala, L. Cindrella, Binder-free polymer material embedded in chitosan matrix for electrochemical energy storage devices, Chemical Physics Letters, 809, 140172, 2022.
- “Development of metallic solar selective coatings from low concentration electrolyte”, UGC Minor research project, 1999. (Completed)
- “Aluminium- air high energy fuel cell”, minor research project funded by Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology, Chennai, 2000. (Completed)
- “Development of metallic solar selective coatings” (for applications in solar cooker), UGC Minor research project, 2001. (Completed)
- “Optical Nano fillers”, minor research project funded by Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology, Chennai, 2005. (Completed)
- “Preparation of free-standing films of conducting polyaniline, based on structure – property optimization, for use in photo electro chemical devices”, major research project funded by UGC, New Delhi, 2005 – 2007. (Completed)
- “Fuel Cell Components”, Inter-Institutional collaborative research under the scheme of Global Engagement, funded by Arizona State University, USA, 2008-2009. (Completed)
- “Functionally impregnated Zeolite based potassium sensor”, DST, 2011-2012. (Completed)
- “Radiation capped, stagnation temperature improved, wide spectrum responsive solar selective coatings for solar thermal systems”, CSIR, 2014-2017 (Completed).
- "Development of Unitized MEAs and Fuel cell system integration (1 KW) for Stationary and Transportation Applications", SPARC Project (Ongoing).
Membership in professional societies:
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
- Life member of Indian Society for Electro Analytical Chemistry (ISEAC).
- Life Member of Society for Advancement of Electrochemical Sc. & Tech. (SAEST).
- Life Member of the Chemical Research Society of India.
Professional Recognition, Awards, Fellowships received:
- Visiting Professor, Arizona State University, USA, 2009, under Global Inter institutional collaboration scheme, ASU, USA.
- Honorary appointment to the Research Board of Advisors, The American Biographical Institute, 2004.
- Technical Cooperation Training Fellowship (TCT) under the UK-INDIA RECs project and specialized on “Chemical Storage of Solar Energy”, at the University of Salford , England, during Jan.1997 - Jul.1997.
- Qualified in UGC, NET examination in 1986 and was awarded UGC, JRF during 1.8.1987 - 31.7.1990 and UGC, SRF during 1.8.1990 - 31.7.1992.
- I rank holder and Gold Medalist in M.Sc., 1986.
- GRI Merit scholarship in the M.Sc. Course, during 1985 - 1986.
- I Rank holder in Certificate course in Computer Programming (1986).
- Prize for proficiency in Chemistry in B.Sc. (1984).
- National Merit Scholarship at the Secondary stage for talented Children, during 1977- 1981.
Dr. (Mrs.) L. Cindrella
Department of Chemistry
National Institute of Technology
Phone: Off: +91-431 2503634
Detailed Resume: Click Here
Personal external website: http://drcindrella07.wix.com/lcindrella