Dr. P. Saikrishnan
Ph: 0431 2503687
Ph.D., Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India, (2004).
M.Sc., Mathematics, Anna University, Chennai, India, (1998).
B.Sc., Mathematics, University of Madras, Chennai, India,(1996).
Boundary Layer Theory
Finite Element Analysis
Teaching and Research experience
Professor (Nov 2019 - till now), Department of Mathematics, NIT Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
Associate Professor (Dec 2011 - Nov 2019), Department of Mathematics, NIT Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
Assistant Professor (Dec 2008 - Nov 2011), Department of Mathematics, NIT Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India.
Post Doctoral Fellow (June 2008-Dec 2008), School of Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Senior Lecturer (May 2006 - Dec 2008), Department of Mathematics, School of Science and Humanities, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India.
Research Fellow (Jan' 2004 - April 2006), Center for Industrial Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Lecturer (Sep' 1998 - Feb'2000), Department of Mathematics, Aarupadai Vedu Institute of Technology, Paiyanoor, Mahapallipuram, Tamilnadu , India.
Research Project (completed)
The financial support sanctioned from Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi for the research project "Non-Uniform Mass Transfer into Unsteady Water Boundary Layer Flow" .DST Sanction order No: SR/FTP/MS-06/2009 dt 18.10.2010. and total cost of the project cost is Rupees 11,52,000. Duration of the project : 3years.
List of Publications
- J.Rajakumar, P.Saikrishnan, A.Chamkha,Ali F.Al-Mudhaf, Non-similar solution of steady mhd mixed convection flow over a rotating sphere, Computational Thermal Sciences: An International Journal, 8(6), 509-523, 2016
- J.Rajakumar, P.Saikrishnan, A.Chamkha, Non-uniform mass transfer in MHD mixed convection flow of water over a sphere with variable viscosity and Prandtl number, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 26, 2235 – 225, 2016
- Revathi. G., P.Saikrishnan and A. Chamkha, Non-similar solutions for Unsteady flow over a yawed cylinder with non-uniform mass transfer through slot, Ain Shams Engineering journal, 5, 1199-1206, 2014
- G.Revathi, P.Saikrishnan and A. Chamkha, Non-similar solution for unsteady water boundary layer flows over a sphere with non-uniform mass transfer,International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 23, 1104-1116 ,2013
- G.Revathi, P.Saikrishnan, Effect of viscous dissipation and non-uniform double slot injection on a steady water boundary layer flow over rotating sphere with non-uniform mass transfer, International Journal of Engineering Science Advanced Computing and Bio-Technology, 4(1), 19-31, 2013
- P. Saikrishnan, Boundary Layer Flow Over a Yawed Cylinder with Variable Viscosity:Role of Non-uniform Double Slot Suction(Injection), Int. J. numerical methods for Heat and Fluid flow, 22, 2012
- P. Saikrishnan, S. Roy, H. S. Takhar and R. Ravindran, ”Role of thermally stratified medium on a free convection flow from a rotating sphere ” Int. J. numerical methods for Heat & Fluid flow, Vol. 20, issue 1, 2010 pp. 96-110.
- S. Roy, P. Saikrishnan and Bishun D. Pandey, ”Influence of Double Slot Injection (Suction) into Water Boundary Layer Flows over Sphere ” Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 36, pp.646-650 (2009).
- P. Saikrishnan, R. Ravindran and S. Roy, ”Role of non-uniform slot injection (suction) into laminar boundary layer flow in a diverging channel ” Mathematical and computer Modelling, 50, (2009) 45-52.
- P. Saikrishnan, S. Roy, I. Mohammed Rizwan Sadiq and Bishun D. Pandey, ”Non-Uniform Slot Suction (Injection) Into Water Boundary Layer Flows Over a Cylinder ” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 52 (2009) 894–898.
- S. Roy and Saikrishnan P, ”Non-uniform slot injection (suction) into laminar boundary layer ow for an exponentially decreasing free stream velocity distribution”, Int. Communication in Heat and Mass Transfer, 35, pp. 163-168, 2008.
- Huo-yuan Duan, Ping Lin, Saikrishnan P and Roger C. E. Tan,”A least squares finite element method for the magnetostatic problem in a multiply-connected Lipschitz domain”,SIAM Journal on numerical analysis, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 2537–2563, 2007.
- Huo-yuan Duan, Ping Lin, Saikrishnan P and Roger C. E. Tan, ”L2-Projected Least-Squares Finite Element Methods for The Velocity-Pressure-Vorticity Firstorder System of The Stokes Equations with Velocity Boundary Conditions” , SIAM Journal on numerical analysis, Vol.44, pp.732-752,2006.
- S. Roy and P. Saikrishnan, "Steady Laminar Water Boundary Layer Flow over a Yawed Cylinder", Int. J. of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol 9, No.4, pp.739-747, 2004.
- S. Roy and P. Saikrishnan, "Non-Uniform slot injection (suction) into water boundary layer Flow past Yawed Cylinder", Int.J. of Engg. Sci.,42, pp.2147-2157, 2004.
- P. Saikrishnan and S.Roy, "Non-uniform slot injection (Suction) into water boundary layers over i) a cylinder and ii) a sphere", International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol.41, pp. 1351 - 1365, 2003
- S. Roy and P. Saikrishnan, "Non-uniform slot injection (suction) into steady laminar water boundary layer flow over a rotating sphere", International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer, Vol. 46, pp. 3389-3396, 2003.
- P. Saikrishnan and S. Roy, "Steady non-similar axi-symmetric water boundary layers with variable viscosity and Prandtl number", Acta Mechanica, Vol.157, pp.187-199, 2002.
- Presented a research paper in International Conference on Mathematical, Computational and statistical Science and Engineering, Switzerland, 15-16th Oct, 2012.
- Presented a research paper in International Conference on Applications of Fluid
Dynamics-2016, December 19–21, 2016
Presented a research paper in "International Conference on Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing" held at Tokyo, Japan (on May 26-28, 2010)
Presented a research paper in "International conference on Applied Mathematics and Approximation Theory 2008", Organized by department of mathematics, University of Memphis, Memphis, USA (during Oct 11-13, 2008)
Presented my research work in "Balsius workshop", Organized by School of Computational and Applied Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. (On August 2, 2008)
Presented my research work in Centre for Industrial Mathematics (CIM)-Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC) Joint symposium on scientific computing: Numerical Methods in Fluid and Solid Mechanics, System Control and Information Processing, National University of Singapore, Singapore (on 18th Jan 2005)
Presented a research paper in International Conference on Scientific and Engineering Computation, National University of Singapore, Singapore (On 30th June 2004)
Participated in "Cyber workshop - Joint meeting on Applied Mathematics - II" at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, in Feb' 2003
Participated in "Engineering science group - International workshop on Mechanics" at Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, 2002
- Ms. G. Revathi
- Mr. J. Rajakumar
- Ms. N. Samyuktha
Courses taught ( ug level)
Engineering Mathematics – I (Analysis, Linear Algebra, Differential Calculus)
Engineering Mathematics – II (ODE, Complex Analysis)
Engineering Mathematics – III (Transforms and PDE)
Probability, Statistics and LPP
Transforms and PDE
Courses taught ( PG level)
- Head, Department of Mathematics, from Feb 2018- till now
Care Taker, National Cadet Corps, NITT (March 2009 to September 2010)
Associate NCC officer ( Oct’2010 to December 2015)