- Departments / Centres
1. Size dependent magnetic properties of materials
A. Narayanasamy, C. N. Chinnasamy, N. Ponpandian and A. Narayanasamy
Solid state physics (India) 43 (2000) 22.
2. Magnetisation studies on Nanocomposite Nd10Fe85B5 ribbons.
M. Tamilmani, R. Justin Joseyphus, A. Narayanasamy, L. K. Varga and N. Sivakumar
DAE SSP, Gwalior, India, Dec 26-30, 2003.
3. Synthesis of Ferrite Nanoparticles through acqueous process for biomedical applications
R. Justin Joseyphus, C. N. Chinnasamy, B. Jeyadevan, A. Kasuya, K. Shinoda A. Narayanasamy and K. Tohji., 1st International workshop on water dynamics, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, March 2004, pp.51.
4. Synthesis of size controlled Mn-Znferrite nanoparticles
R. Justin Joseyphus, T. Atsumi, B. Jeyadevan, K. Shinoda, A. Narayansamy, K. Tohji and A. Kasuya
Nanotechnology, Japan, May 2004.
5. Synthesis of Fe nanoparticles through polyol process
R. Justin J. et al., Proceedings of the 28th annual conference on magnetics in Japan, Okinawa, Japan, Sept 21-24, 2004.
6. Synthesis of transisiton metal (Fe. Co and Ni) nanoparticles by polyol process
C. N. Chinnasamy, R. J. Justin, B. Jeyadevan, K. Shinoda and K. Tohji, Proceedings, 2004 International mini-symposium on materials science and technology, Nov 19,2004, p.12.
7. Magnetic properties of the mechanically milled nanocrystalline garnets
R. Justin Joseyphus, A. Narayanasamy, A. K. Nigam, M. Guyot and R. Krishnan, 2nd International workshop on prospects in metal oxides, thin films and heterostructures, Fontevraud, France, April 20-22, 2005.
8.Superparamagnetic particle size limit in Mn-Zn ferrite nanoparticles synthesised through aqueous process
R. Justin Joseyphus, A. Narayanasamy, B. Jeyadevan, K. Shinoda and K. Tohji, AIP Proceedings 833 (2006) 31.PDF
9. Low temperature synthesis of Fe and Fe-based alloys
R. Justin Joseyphus, Y. Sato, K. Shinoda, B. Jeyadevan and K. Tohji, ISHR&ICSTR 2006, Sendai, Japan, 5-9 Aug, 2006.
10. Formation of Fe nanoparticles in polyols and their magnetic properties
R. Justin Joseyphus, K. Shinoda, T. Matsumoto, B. Jeyadevan and K. Tohji, ICM 2006, Aug 21-25, Kyoto, Japan.
11. Aqueous synthesis of non-superparamagnetic MnFe2O4 nanoparticles
R. J. Joseyphus, N. Sivakumar, A. Narayanasamy, K. Tohji and B. Jeyadevan, 4th Intl workshop on water dynamics, Sendai, Japan, 7-8 Nov, 2006.
12. Polyol derived soft process for the synthesis of Fe and FeCo alloy particles
B. Jeyadevan, R. J. Joseyphus, D. Kodama, Y. Konno, K. Shinoda, K. Sato, H. Takahashi, Y. Sato and K. Tohji, ICMF11, Kosice, Slovakia, July 23-27, 2007.
13. The role of Pt complex on the synthesis of FePt by Polyol process
S. Aizawa, R. J. Joseyphus, K. Tohji and B. Jeyadevan
5th International workshop on water dynamics, 25-27 Sept 2007, Sendai, Japan
14. Investigation of heat diffusion characteristics of magnetic nanoparticles in ac magnetic field
M. Suto, K. Maruta, M. Ohta, H. Kosukegawa, R. J. Joseyphus, K. Tohji and B.Jeyadevan, 5th International workshop on water dynamics, 25-27 Sept 2007, Sendai, Japan
15. Fe dice for biomedical applications
R. J. Joseyphus, D. Kodama, Y. Konno, K. Tohji and B. Jeyadevan, ICMM, Kolkata, India, Dec 11-16, 2007.
16. Core-shell Co-Ni nanoparticles
R. J. Joseyphus, D. Sastikumar and B. Jeyadevan, ICMM, Kolkata, India, Dec 11-16, 2007.
17. Size controlled Fe nanoparticles through polyol process and their magnetic properties, R. J. Joseyphus, K. Shinoda, D. Kodama and B. Jeyadevan, Intermag 2008, Madrid, Spain, May 4-8,2008
18. High frequency property of polyol-derived FeCo nanoparticles for EWA application.
D. Kodama, K. Shinoda, R. J. Joseyphus, Y. Shimada, K. Tohji, B. Jeyadevan,Intermag 2008, Madrid, Spain, May 4-8,2008
19. Synthesis of Thermal Seeds for Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia by pH Stabilized Coprecipitation Technique, T. Hosono, R. Justin Joseyphus, H. Takahashi, A. Fujita K. Tohji, B. Jeyadevan, 7th Intl Conference on Scientific and clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers, Vancouver, Canada, May 21-24,2008.
20. Magnetic Particle Hyperthermia at MRI frequency, V. Krishnamoorthy and R. Justin Joseyphus, International Conference on Magnetic Materials & their applications for 21st Century [MMA21], 21-23 October, 2008, New Delhi, India.
21. Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles as MRI Contrast Agents, R. Priya, S. Rajesh Kumar, D. Mangalaraj, N. Ponpandian, D. Prabhu, R. Justin Joseyphus, International Conference on Magnetic Materials & their applications for 21st Century [MMA21], 21-23 October, 2008, New Delhi, India.
22. Influence of Cobalt Precursor Type on the Reaction Scheme in Polyol Process
H. Hiyama, R.J. Joseyphus, D. Kodama, R. Kasuya and B. Jeyadevan
IUMRS-ICA 2008, Dec 9-13, 2008, Nagoya, Japan.
23. Assessment of Heat Treatment Behaviour of Modified 9Cr-1Mo Steel Using non-Invasive Magnetic Techniques, Harendra Kumar, J. N. Mohapatra, R. Justin Joseyphus and A. Mitra, NDE2009, Dec 10-12, 2009, Tiruchirappalli, India.
24. Numerical Evaluation of Crack Detection Using Thermal Source, T. Periyasamy and R. Justin Joseyphus, NDE2009, Dec 10-12, 2009, Tiruchirappalli, India.
25. Surface Modified Fe3O4 Nanoparticles, S. Nallamuthu, T. Arun and R. Justin Joseyphus, ICMM2010, Oct 25-29, 2010, Kolkata, India.
26. Magnetic Nanoparticle Flow Characteristics in a Microchannel for Drug Delivery Applications, K. Prakash and R. Justin Joseyphus, ICMM2010, Oct 25-29, 2010, Kolkata, India.
27. Magnetic and Thermal Studies of Nanocrystalline Nd3-xYxFe5O12, M. Vairavel, S. Gokulraj and R. Justin Joseyphus, International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT2011), Singapore, 29 Jun-1st July 2011.
28. Synthesis and magnetic properties of Co/CoO nanoparticles, K. Prakash, R. Justin Joseyphus Third International Conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience and Technology, COCHIN NANO-2011, August 14-17, 2011, Cochin, India.
29. Core-shell magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications, R. Krishnan, T. Arun, R. Justin Joseyphus, Third International Conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience and Technology, COCHIN NANO-2011, August 14-17, 2011, Cochin, India.
30) Size distribution effects on the optical properties of gold nanoparticles synthesized by polyol process, K. Prakash, T Arun, R. Justin Joseyphus and B. Jeyadevan, Fourth International Optical Society of America (OSA) Network of Students Conference (IONS-NA 4) 10-12 October 2012, New York, USA.
31) Synthesis and Properties of Gold Coated Magnetic Nanoparticles, K. Prakash, S. Nallamuthu, and R. Justin Joseyphus, Frontiers in Optics, 14-18 October 2012, Rochester, New York, USA.
32) Synthesis and Properties of CoNi Alloy Nanoparticles Prepared by Polyol Process for Soft Magnetic Applications, K. Prakash, T. Arun and R. Justin Joseyphus, 13th International Conference on Magnetic Fluids (ICMF-13), Jan7-11, 2013 National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi.
33) Synthesis and Magnetic Properties of Prussian blue modified cubic Fe nanoparticles, T. Arun, K. Prakash and R. Justin Joseyphus, NANO INDIA-2013, February 19-20, 2013, CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695019.
34) Prussian Blue modified Fe3O4 nanocubes, T. Arun, R. Kuppusamy, K. Prakash and R. Justin Joseyphus, Optical Flare-2013, A National Workshop on Optics and Photonics for Engineering Applications, March 16-17, 2013, NIT Goa- 1st Prize for Best Poster Presentation.
35) Size Controlled Fe Nanoparticles Modified with Prussian Blue, Arun THIRUMURUGAN, Prakash KARIPOTH and Justin JOSEYPHUS, ICMAT2013, July 1-5, 2013, Singapore.
36) Magnetic properties of Barium Hexaferrite and evaluation of its biomedical applications, M. Sindhuja, S. Abithasri, T. Arun, K. Prakash and R. Justin Joseyphus, 2013 JSAP-MRS joint symposia, Sept 16-20, 2013, Doshisha University, Kyoto, Japan.
37) Magnetic properties of flower like FeCo particles, K. Prakash and R. Justin Joseyphus, ICMAGMA 2014, Sept 15-17, 2014, Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
Magnetic properties of materials, Workshop on Materials Science for Engineers (MSE 2007), 4th Nov 2007,Dept of MME, NITT.
Permanent magnetic materials, Workshop on Advanced Materials and devices, 10th Jan 2008, Physics, NITT.
Biomedical applications of magnetic nanoparticles, Workshop on nanostructures and devices, Physics, NITT, 23rd Feb 2008.
Structure and Properties of Magnetic Materials, Workshop on Structure and Properties of Advanced Engineering Materials,Dept of MME, NITT, 24th Feb 2008.
Magnetic nanoparticles in biomedicine, Dept of Physics, MSU, 29th Feb 2008.
Chemical Synthesis of Magnetic Nanoparticles, Workshop on Advances in Chemistry, 29th Feb 2008, Dept of Chemistry, MSU, Tirunelveli.
Polyol process for materials synthesis
R. Justin Joseyphus and Balachandran Jeyadevan
Bio-Inspired Materials Synthesis
Ed. Yanfeng Gao
Research Signpost (2010), p.341
Chapter 23: Micro-flow visualization of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications
R. Lima, R. J. Joseyphus, T. Ishikawa, Y. Imai and T. Yamaguchi
Single and two-Phase Flows on Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Ricardo Dias, Antonio A. Martins, Rui Lima and Teresa M. Mata (Eds), Bentham Science, (2012), pp. 600-612.
Ph.D - Department of Nuclear Physics, University of Madras, Chennai (2005). Title of the thesis: Size dependent magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Mn-Zn Ferrite, Garnets and Permanent Magnetic Materials.
M.Sc - St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirapalli (Trichy)
UGC Project Fellow (1999-2001)
MEXT research fellow, Japan (2003)
COE fellow, Japan (2003)
Best poster award, ISHR&ICSTR 2006, Japan (August 2006)
Chartered Physicist (CPhy, IoP, UK, 2012)
Post-doctoral Fellow (2005-2007)
Graduate School of Environmental Studies
Electron microscopic techniques (Univ. Pune)
Thermal Analysis (IITM)
Computer simulations (MKU, Madurai)
In vitro cell culture (King Institute, Guindy, Chennai)
Visits (Nucleonix, DMRL, Hyderabad; BARC,Mumbai; Getwell hospital, TNvl)
Indian Physics Association (IPA) - MAD/LM/11918
Magnetics Society of India (MSI) - LM200
Materials Research Society of India (MRSI) - LM B 1081
Indian Society for Non-Destructive testing - LM-8440-TC
Elected Member (MInstP), Institute of Physics (IoP), UK - Since 2011
Development of Magnetic Nanoparticles Suitable for Detoxification and Drug Delivery - DST - (2008-11)
Synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials for engineering applications (Co-Investigator) Funding agency: DST-Nanomission (2008-11)
Order disorder studies in chemically synthesized FeCo alloys, DST, KEK, Tsukuba, Japan (May 2014)