- Departments / Centres
1. Organizational Behavior – The human relations movement, The Hawthorne studies, Models for organizational behavior. Background of the Behavioral Science –- Management concepts- Design used to answer question and Test theories, Reliability and Validity of measures - Managerial Perspective.
2. Individual behavior - Personality – Meaning and development, Major determinants of Personality theories of Personality, Stress – causes and effect of job stress, coping strategies for stress Perception – sensation versus perception.
3. Motivation – Primary motives, General motives, secondary motives, and Work motivation approaches – Job design, Performance appraisal, Goal setting.
4. Interpersonal and group behavior - The nature of Groups – Dynamic of informal groups Individual conflict, Interpersonal conflict, Inter-group behavior and conflict - Leadership – Theories of leadership, leadership style.
5. Organization Development - Morale, characteristics of O.D., Traditional approaches to O.D. Other Modern Techniques – New O.D. techniques for the future.
1. Fred Luthans, "Organizational behavior", 1977, McGraw Hill.
2. Keith Davis, "Human behavior at work Human relations and Organizational Behavior", 1982, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.