Dr. Kamalika Bhattacharjee
- Currently editing The Mathematical Artist - A Tribute To John Horton Conway to be published in the book series Emergence, Complexity and Computation, Springer with Souvik Roy and Sukanta Das. This book is an outcome of our webinar series, held in April, 2021 in memory of the great mathematician John Horton Conway, who passed away on April 11, 2020. Robert Wilson, Stephen Wolfram, R Ramanujam and Genaro Juarez Martinez delivered talks in the webinar series. If you are interested, you may visit the recordings of the talks in our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgZdpL-BvU&list=PLqoc-cQXyfLPgHHot2AkM67Y9dGJQ5qcI
- First Asian Symposium on Cellular Automata Technology, 2022 (ASCAT 2022). For details visit www.cellularautomata.in/ascat2022
Areas of Interest
Cellular Automata and Randomness. Logic. Algorithmic Complexity Theory. Artificial Life.
- Doctor of Philosophy (2019), INSPIRE Fellow, Department of Information Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur.
- Master of Engineering (2013), Gold Medalist, Department of Information Technology, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Specialization: Information and Communication Engineering.
- Thesis Title: Characterization of Reachability Tree for Cellular Automata
- Bachelor of Technology (2011), College Topper, Department of Information Technology, Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore, West Bengal University of Technology
- Sukanya Mukherjee, Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Reversible Cellular Automata: A Natural Clustering Technique. Journal of Cellular Automata, 16(1-2), 1-28, 2021.
- Sukanya Mukherjee, Sumit Adak, Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Non-uniform Non-linear Cellular Automata with Large Cycles and Their Application in Pseudo-Random Number Generation. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1142/S0129183121500911
- Sumit Adak, Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Maximal Length Cellular Automata in GF(q) and Pseudo-random Number Generation. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 31(03): 2050037, 2020.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Random Number Generation using Decimal Cellular Automata. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 78: 104878, 2019.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. A List of Tri-state Cellular Automata which are Potential Pseudo-random Number Generators. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 29(09): 1850088, 2018.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Nazma Naskar, Souvik Roy, and Sukanta Das. A survey of cellular automata: types, dynamics, non-uniformity and applications. Natural Computing, 19: 433–461(2020). DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11047-018-9696-8
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Dipanjyoti Paul and Sukanta Das. Pseudo-random Number Generation using a 3-state Cellular Automaton. International Journal of Modern Physics C, 28(06): 1750078, 2017.
Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Reversibility of d-state Finite Cellular Automata. Journal of Cellular Automata, 11(2-3): 213–245, 2016.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Sukanta Das. Computation with Democracy: An Intelligent System. In Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Intelligence Science (ICIS2020). Held on 24-27 February 2021, Kolkata
- Sukanya Mukherjee, Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Sukanta Das. Cycle based Clustering using Reversible Cellular Automata. In Proceedings of AUTOMATA 2020. In Proceedings of AUTOMATA 2020. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-61588-8_3.
Kamalika Bhattacharjee. Design of an Adder for Ternary Numbers using a 3- state Cellular Automaton. In Proceedings of EAIT 2018, Kolkata. pages 1–4. IEEE, 2018.
Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Dipanjyoti Paul and Sukanta Das. Pseudorandom Pattern Generation using 3-state Cellular Automata. In Proceedings of ACRI 2016, Morocco, pages 3 – 13. Springer International Publishing, 2016.
Raju Hazari, Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Design of Hardware for Deterministic Nagel-Schreckenberg Traffic Model. In Proceedings of 2012 International Symposium on Electronic System Design (ISED). pages 154 – 156. IEEE, 2012.
- Sukanya Mukherjee, Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. Clustering Using Cyclic Spaces of Reversible Cellular Automata. Complex Systems 30(2):205-237, 2021.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee and Sukanta Das. On Finite 1-Dimensional Cellular Automata: Reversibility and Semi-reversibility. arXiv preprint arXiv:1903.06011, 2019.
- Kamalika Bhattacharjee, Krishnendu Maity and Sukanta Das. A Search for Good Pseudorandom Number Generators: Survey and Empirical Studies. arXiv preprint arXiv:1811.04035, 2018.
Books and Edited Chapters
Membership of Professional Communities
Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu - 620015, India. From 29-June-2020.
Temporary Faculty at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand - 834010, India. From 07-August-2019 to 23-June-2020.
Associate System Engineer, IBM India Private Limited, Manyata Embassy Business Park, Bangalore - 560 045. From 05-August-2013 to 03-March-2014.
- Discrete Mathematics
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science
- Theory of Computation
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Advanced Algorithm
- Randomized Algorithms
Other Academic Activities
- Second Webinar Series on Cellular Automata, Jun, 2021 - Aug, 2021. Role: Organizer, Host and Co-speaker
- Indian Summer School on Cellular Automata 2021 - An Internship on Cellular Automata: Theory and Applications, 15-June-2021 to 01-Aug-2021. Role: Teacher and Co-organizer
- A Tribute to John Conway: A Lecture Series on the Memory of Prof. John Horton Conway, April 2021. Role: Organizer and Host
- One Week Online Workshop on Machine Learning – Concepts and Applications, organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NIT Trichy. On 19 – 23 Apr, 2021, Role: Coordinator
- One Week Online Workshop on Cellular Automata and Secured Hardware Design, organized by Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, India, in collaboration with University of Turku, Finland, sponsored by Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC), Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India. On March 15-19, 2021, Role: Invited Speaker
- First Webinar Series on Cellular Automata, Aug, 2020 - Feb, 2021. Role: Organizer and Host
- 7th International Conference on Mathematics and Computing (ICMC) 2021. Role: Member of Program Committee
- Short term Training Programme on Formal Languages and Automata Theory (e-STTP FLAT-2020), organized by SRM University, Kattankulathur on 14 - 19, December 2020. Role: Invited Speaker
- 7th Indian School on Logic and its Applications (Part II), organized by IIEST, Shibpur and Computer Society of India on 17-DEC-2018 to 22-DEC-2018. Role: Organizer and Speaker
- 5th International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT), 2018, organized by IIEST, Shibpur and Calcutta Logic Circle in collaboration with Association for Logic in India on 12-JAN-2018 to 13-JAN-2018. Role: Participant and Speaker
- One-day workshop on Non-Uniform Cellular Automata: Theory and Applications, organized by BESU, Shibpur on 25-MAR-2013. Role: Volunteer and Speaker
Awards and Fellowships
- INSPIRE Fellowship from 02-JAN-2014 to 01-JAN-2019
- GATE Scholarship from MHRD in M.E. (2011-2013)
- Peerless Platinum Jubilee Scholarship for Top 25 rankers in Higher Secondary Board (WBCHSE) Examination, 2007
- Best Student of the Academic Year in Rampurhat Girls High School, West Bengal.
- 1st in Vigyan Abhiksha Examination 2003 and 2004, conducted by Paschimbanga Bigyan Mancha, Birbhum District Branch, West Bengal
Dr. Kamalika Bhattacharjee
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Tamilnadu, India - 620015