- Departments / Centres
Atomic Arrangement And Phase Diagrams. Structure of metals and alloys. Phase diagram. phase rules.
Phase Diagrams and Ferrous Alloys Fe- FeC diagram. Critical temperature. Plain carbon steel and other steels.
Heat Treatment of steel. CCT diagrams. Austempering, martempering ausforrning. Surface hardening process, Non - ferrous alloys.
Testing of Materials I : Properties evaluated by tensile testing procedure. Engineering stress strain curve vs true stress strain curve. Stress strain curve for typical materials. Hardness testing.
Testing of Materials II - Impact testing. Fracture toughness. Fatigue testing. Creep testing.
1. Avner,S.H.,"Introduction to Physical Metallurgy", McGraw Hill, 1984.
2. Dieter,G.E.,"Mechanical Metallurgy", McGraw Hill.
3. Donald S.Clark,and Wilbur R. Varney,"Physical Metallurgy for Engineers", East-West Press Private limited.
4. Suriyanarayana, A.V.K, "Testing of metallic materials", Tata McGraw Hill.
5. Richards, C.W.,"Engineering Materials Science".