The M.Tech. (Welding Engineering) programme has been organized in collaboration with Welding Research Institute of B.H.E.L, Tiruchirappalli. This course has been designed to meet the requirement of experts in the field of welding. The students go through two semesters of course work learning various subjects related to Metallurgy / Welding. Third and Fourth semesters are dedicated exclusively to Project work. The subjects on metallurgy include physical metallurgy and experimental techniques. The subjects on Welding include Welding Processes, Welding Metallurgy, Welding Codes and standards, Electrical aspects of Welding and Design of Weldments. The students are particularly encouraged to get a feel for various welding techniques and also get exposed to Failure Analysis.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Select their profession as Welding Engineer in Industries as well as in expanding areas of materials, power and energy-related fields.
Practice effectively in the emerging and modern Industrial environment with lead role and make timely development toward an establishing newer technology in welding related fields or business.
Pursue their careers in academia and develop entrepreneur skill
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable of selecting a suitable processes for producing quality weldments based on materials and applications
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to design weld joints that serve under different loading and servicing.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to design a system, a component, or a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to serve as multi-disciplinary teams.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to test and evaluate the weldments at various environments
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates can assess the quality of weldments and suggest methods of producing quality joints
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates can help in selection and design of appropriate consumables for welding involving different types of materials
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic and societal context.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to understand and apply the appropriate codes and standards relevant to the areas of selection of materials , consumables and testing of weldments
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates have knowledge of contemporary /current issues.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates are capable to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The Welding Engineering post-graduates can contribute in developing and adopting in energy saving and eco-friendly techniques in welding industries