CEA is the association of future planners, constructors and like-minded designers from the department of Civil Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli which was established in the year 1964. The CEA of NIT-T has been pro-actively involved in enlightening students with the current trends in Civil Engineering. The futuristic minds of NIT, Trichy come together every year to commence the Civil Engineering Association.
The Association organizes several events throughout the academic year like Guest Lectures, Seminars, Competitions, Industrial visits and most importantly MOMENTS, one of the largest department symposiums in India.
The CEA has played the crucial role of acting as a bridge between students and industry level research and development.
The Association works with the following objectives:
• To organize guest lectures, seminars and exclusive workshops with the betterment of students in mind.
• To focus on topics that prove to have great career building elements.
• To provide supportive co-curricular training required by students to enhance their curricular performance and keep them updated with recent trends in industry.
• To work towards providing a deep understanding into the practical applications in core industries and their correlations with the textbook content.
• To groom and nurture the qualities of teamwork, leadership, mutual understanding and co-existence and to provide exposure to public and executive communication.
• To motivate continued inspiration of the students towards core research in the field of Civil Engineering.
CEA INAGURATION 22-23
The grand inaugural ceremony of CEA '22-23 was held on 11th November. It has marked the start of all official activities of the Civil Engineering Association for the academic year 2022-2023. It was presided over by Dr. N. Chandra Balijepalli, Director of International Activities, the University of Leeds as Chief Guest. He later delivered a Guest Lecture regarding his experience in Transportation Engineering. Dr. G. Aghila, Director, NIT Trichy graced the event with her presence. Dr. S. T. Ramesh, HoD, Civil Department, and Dr. Jeevan Joseph, Faculty Advisor of CEA also attended the event.