PROBABILITY, STATISTICS AND LINEAR PROGRAMMING
- Probability - conditional probability - Bayes’ theorem – Random variable – density and distribution functions – Expectation - Binomial, Poisson and Normal distributions - Moment generating function - Characteristic function.
- Chebyshev’s inequality - Law of large numbers - Central Limit Theorem - Tests of significance - large and small samples - t- test, F-test and Chi-square test for goodness of fit – Confidence intervals.
- Regression - Multiple and partial correlation – Analysis of Variance.
- Linear programming – Formulation basic feasible solution - Graphical solution – Simplex method - Charne's penalty method - Two phase method – Dual simplex method – Primal dual problems - Transportation and Assignment problems.
- Integer programming - Gomory's cutting plane method – Branch and bound method.
- Gupta, S.C. & Kapoor, V.K., Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics, Sultan Chand & Sons.
- Kantiswarup, Gupta P.K. and Man Mohan, Operations Research, Sultan Chand & Sons.
- Spiegel, Murray R., Probability and Statistics, Schaum’s series.
- Taha, H.A., Operations Research- An Introduction, Prentice Hall of India.