ESTIMATION, COSTING AND VALUATION
- Preparation of detailed estimates - Preparation of specifications report accompanying the estimate.
- Approximate methods of Costing - types of estimate - costing for various structures - rate analysis - rate for material and labour - schedule of rates -data sheets - abstract estimate.
- Definition of value and its different kinds - purpose of valuation - scope of valuation - Different kinds of properties for which valuation is required - Different methods of valuation - Analysis of land and building method of valuation - Factors affecting the value of plot and building - Depreciation - Valuation of residential building with case study.
- Dutta, Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering, S. Datta & Co, 1992
- Bhasin, P.L., Quality Surveying, 2nd Edition, S.Chand & Co., 1980.