EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT STRUCTURES
- Elements of Engineering seismology – theory of vibration – modeling of earthquakes
- SDOF system- systems subjected to base excitation –Amplification factors – vibration measuring instruments
- MDOF system – modeling of multistorey buildings – free vibration - modes of vibration – damping – response spectra concepts – displacement, velocity and acculturation spectra – response of MDOF system subjects to base excitation – symmetrical structures
- Unsymmetrical structures – codal provisions for seismic structures (IS1893)
- Types of seismic resistant structures – general guideline modern concepts – base isolation, tuned mass damper.
- Mario Paz “Structural Dynamics”, Kluwer Academic Publishers.