INDUSTRIAL ECONOMICS AMD MANAGEMENT PRE-REQUISITE: Nil
Faculty: Mr. G. Nagasubramanian
OBJECTIVE: To know about the micro macro and monitor economics and general marketing and personal management
COMMON TO BRANCHES: CHEMICAL, CSE, EEE, MET, PROD.
1. MICRO ECONOMICS 11
Demand & supply analysis - elasticity of demand - problem demand forecasting - Consumption Laws - of Diminishing Marginal Utility Consumer Surplus - Equi Marginal Utility - Indifference center Analysis - competitions - Perfect and Imperfect
2. MACRO AND MONETARY ECONOMICS 9
Keynesian Hmployment Theory - National Income computation - Multiplier and Accelerator concepts - functions of banks - Central Bank (RBI Commercial Banks - Credit creation - sources of Industrial finance ofBalance Sheet.
3. GENERAL MANAGEMENT 6
Contributions of Fayol & Taylor - Managerial firnctions - Types of Business organisations - Types of Business organisations - soletrader, partnership. Joint stock companies, Private and Public Ltd- Companies - quality.
4. MARKETING MANAGEMENT 7
Introduction: Definition, in importance, Evolution - Buyer Behavior - Market segmentations: segmentation. Targeting, positioning - New product development - product life cycle - Marketing strategy: product, price, place promotion
5. PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT 7
Personnel management: - Definition, Scope, Task - Recruitment and selection - Training and Development - Job Evaluation Merit rating - wage and salary administration - time rate. Piece rate, Halsey and Rowans plane - trade union. - Collective bargaining - workers Participation in Management - Industrial Fatigue and Accident.
1. Dewett. K.K. - "Modem Economic Theory", S. Chand & Co. Ltd., 1999 Hdition.
2. Burton Genie, Thakur Manab, "Management Today" TMH - 1996 Edition.
3. V.S. and Namakmaris "Marketing Management Planning Implementation & Control" Macmillan,1996 Edition.
4. Nair N.G., Latha Nair., "Personnel Management and Industrial Relations", S. Chand & Co. Ltd., 1999 Edition.
1. Craig Petersen H. Cris Lewis W. "Managerial Economics", PHI , 19996 Edition.
2. Koutsionnis , "Modem Economic Theory", PHI, 1996 Edition.
3. Maheswari S.N., "An Introduction to Accountancy" Vikas publishing House Pvt. Ltd., 1999 Edition.
4. Robbins. P. Stephen, Coutter Mary., "Management" PHI, 1998 Edition.
5. Koontz Harold, ODonnel Cyril, WeihirchHeinz, "Management", TMH, 1983 Edition.
6. Cascio F.Wayne, "Managing Human Resources", McGraw Hill, Inc. 1995 Edition.
7. Milkovich, Boudreau, "Personnel/Human Resource Management" - Richard-D lrwin Inc. - 1996 Edition.
8. Monappan Arun, Sayadain S. Milza, "Personnel Management" - TMH, 1997 Edition.
9. Gandhi J.S. "Marketing", TMH - 1994 Edition.
10. Kotler Philip, "Marketing Management", PHI 1998 Edition.